Exhaust Wrap Kits solve the problem of knowing exactly what you need to wrap exhaust pipes and manifolds and dose it in an all-in-one kit.
A simple and effective way to control heat, protect against serious leg burns and improve performance. Pipe wrap kits contain everything needed to wrap a set of pipes all in one convenient package. Each kit includes two 2in x 15 foot rolls of Black exhaust wrap, eight 8in & four 14in stainless steel Locking Ties to secure wrap and Black HT Silicone Coating spray that penetrates, seals, protects and preserves wrap. A proprietary coating is applied to all DEI wrap to act as a bonding agent and to increase durability levels under extreme heat. Perfect for most V-Twin applications.
Each Kit Includes:
- 2 – 2″ x 15 ft rolls of Exhaust Wrap
- 8 – 8″ Stainless Steel Locking Ties
- 4 – 14″ Stainless Steel Locking Ties
- 1 – 12 oz. can of HT Silicone Coating Spray
NOTE: Wrapping of the catalytic converter is not recommended, as overheating can lead to reduced lifetime of the converter. Instead, try our Corvette Catalytic Converter Shield or create your own shield using our Floor & Tunnel Shield II™.
Note of Caution:
Wrap is not designed to be moved or removed after it has been heat cycled. After the fibers have been heated, they lose their initial flexibility. This does not reduce the thermal properties of the exhaust wrap. Be aware of this before you decide to remove the wrap. For this reason, you should avoid wrapping any flex-pipes or flex-joints.
Note about Titanium Exhaust Systems:
DEI does NOT recommend wrapping exhausts made of titanium. The alloys used in the production of titanium exhaust systems tend to be thin and are designed to dissipate heat quickly. Wrapping any titanium exhaust pipe, regardless of brand, can hold in too much heat, and make the titanium alloy turn brittle and prone to premature cracking. If you are seeking to reduce the heat on a titanium exhaust system, DEI recommends using alternatives such as our flexible heat shields.
* Kit contains HT Silicone Coating Spray, which is sold in a compressed aerosol container. Regulations restrict the air transport of flammable products (aerosols). If you are outside the continental USA and are interested in purchasing an aerosol based DEI product, please contact our offices for further information at 1-440-930-7940.