Ht Silicone Coatings solve the problem of exhaust wraps deteriorating because of dirt and debris hitting it. It seals and protects wraps and extends the life of the wrap.
The High Temperature (HT) Silicone Coating provides lasting protection for any hot surface up to 1500 degrees. DEI recommend the use of this coating with their exhaust wrap because it seals the material and provides lasting protection from oil, dirt and road grime. Don’t limit the use to exhaust header wrap, this products works well on headers, blocks, starters and even on your grill at home. HT Silicone Coating is VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) compliant in all 50 states. For use with all DEI exhaust wraps, HT Silicone Coating penetrates, seals and protects as well as helping to extend the lifespan of all DEI exhaust wraps. See special instructions below for best adhesion on Titanium exhaust wrap products.
- Protection from abrasions, oil, and grime
- Withstands up to 1500°F
- For use on exhaust wraps, engine blocks, pipes, manifolds & more
- 12 oz. can
- Cure temperature: 400°F
- Cure time: 2 hours
Titanium Application Instructions
While not required for Titanium exhaust wrap, HT Silicone Coating will protect and prolong the life of the wrap. Due to the difference in material from glass fiber, HT Silicone Coating soaks into Titanium exhaust wrap’s basalt fiber differently and needs a few coats and heat cycles for it to adhere properly. DEI recommends a minimum of three coats, each heat cycled for curing before applying the next coat. To cure, HT Silicone Coating needs to reach a temperature of 400°F for approximately 2 hours. Allow to cool before applying the next coat.
* HT Silicone Coating is sold in a compressed aerosol container. Regulations restrict the air transport of flammable products (aerosols). If you are outside the continental USA and are interested in purchasing an aerosol based DEI product, please contact our offices for further information at 1-440-930-7940.
- Radiant Heat Resistance: 1500°F
- FAQ: 010301.pdf
- Safety Data Sheet: HT-Silicone-Coating-White.pdf
- Color: White