DEI Pipe Wrap is used in many types of applications for reducing unwanted and harmful heat under the hood and from entering the driver compartment while improving horsepower. Pipe wrap improves performance and can be used on everyday vehicles, motorcycles, street rods, muscle cars, SUV’s RV’s heavy duty truck & tow vehicles, as well as in many non-automotive applications.
- Wrap header tubes to protect plug wires
- Wrap downpipes to improve velocity
- Wrap sections of exhaust & tail pipe to reduce heat from entering vehicle interior
- Wrap motorcycle pipes to prevent leg burns
- 1 – Roll of 2in x 25ft Exhaust Wrap
- 4 – 8″ Stainless Steel Locking Ties
NOTE: Wrapping of the catalytic converter is not recommended, as overheating can lead to reduced lifetime of the converter. Instead, try our Corvette Catalytic Converter Shield or create your own shield using our Floor & Tunnel Shield II™.
Note of Caution:
Wrap is not designed to be moved or removed after it has been heat cycled. After the fibers have been heated, they lose their initial flexibility. This does not reduce the thermal properties of the exhaust wrap. Be aware of this before you decide to remove the wrap. For this reason, you should avoid wrapping any flex-pipes or flex-joints.
Note about Titanium Exhaust Systems:
DEI does NOT recommend wrapping exhausts made of titanium. The alloys used in the production of titanium exhaust systems tend to be thin and are designed to dissipate heat quickly. Wrapping any titanium exhaust pipe, regardless of brand, can hold in too much heat, and make the titanium alloy turn brittle and prone to premature cracking. If you are seeking to reduce the heat on a titanium exhaust system, DEI recommends using alternatives such as our flexible heat shields.
- Direct Heat Resistance: 1200°F
- Radiant Heat Resistance: 2000°F
- Safety Data Sheet: Fiberglass-with-Vermiculite.pdf
- Safety Data Sheet: Stainless-Steel-Ties.pdf
- Color: Black